Mobile Observation Operations Command Housing.
The M.O.O.C.H. has been an idea that started practically as soon as ILCHASE formed in late 2000. We have been developing mission roles and technology for the M.O.O.C.H. since 2006. Starting in late 2009 we acquired a decommissioned Ford Command vehicle.
This vehicle is being equipped with the latest technology to become a mobile command vehicle to support chasers in the field with real time data.
A partial list of equipment installed:
- 3 rackmount CPUs for data collection/analysis/archiving and private server
- 5 radios and scanner
- Full mobile weather station
- Multiple dedicated weather radios
- Digital off-air television
- Xantrex Freedom SW 3000 Inverter/Charger combination unit with Transfer Switch and 150 A Charger
- 8 Optima Blue top deep cycle batteries
- Emergency backup generator
- Multiple LCD TV/PC monitors
- VOIP PBX Cudatel phone system
- 5 VOIP Polycom IP670 phones
- 2-way Skycasters Satellite IP and DBS system
- Proprietary image communication system
- Business class router with auto 3G data fallover
- AT&T 3g mobile broadband for redundant IP
- Tmobile 4g mobile broadband for redundancy
This vehicle has a multitude of uses, and is constantly evolving. Pictures will be posted as the build progresses. We are currently interested in new technology and sponsorships from companies across North America. Please see our sponsorship page for a list of items we are currently interested in.